With 8+ years of experience, Maj prides herself on delivering fast and professional results. She thrives in fast-paced environments, and has managed photo assets across international teams and from prominent brands such as Disney and Pixar. Quick and well-organized, she is adept at photo retouch and design for web, print, and social media.
- Extremely detail-oriented photo retoucher who is excited to produce beautiful images.
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Bridge, Lightroom, Excel, MS Office.
- Excellent with developing Actions, automating, and optimizing workflow speed.
- Adept at recognizing and maintaining brand standards.
- Experience with SLR, DSLR, large format cameras, and studio lighting.
- Able to work on-site or remotely.
2007 – 2011 Cornish College of the Arts, Seattle, WA
BFA in Painting and Photography
Graduated magna cum laude
2004 – 2006 Digipen Institute of Technology, Redmond, WA
Real Time Interactive Simulation Program
SELECTED WORK EXPERIENCE
Freelance Photo Retoucher, 2018, BDA, Woodinville, WA
- Lifestyle retouching and color adjustment on marketing assets for print and web.
- Creation of Photoshop Actions to expedite process and delivery.
- File organization and delivery on tight deadline.
Freelance Photo retoucher, 2017, amazon, seattle, wa
- Worked on fast-paced production set for NDA project
- Image clipping, color correction, compositing, and retouch
- Working with Photographers to achieve brand-standard results.
Freelance Photo Editor, 2017, Knack, Seattle, WA
- Designed social media campaign assets.
- Post-production on editorial shoots.
- Editing, clipping, and natural shadow preservation on product images at high volume.
Freelance image Editor, 2016 - 2017, Amazon, Seattle, WA
- High-volume image post-production processing.
- Cataloged, cropped, clipped, composited, reconstructed, and/or retouched image assets under tight deadlines and uploaded for web use.
- Balanced multiple large projects for months at a time, utilizing organizational tools to keep tens of thousands of files sorted among multiple users and vendors.
- Organized and created color authoring projects for international teams.
Editorial Photo Editor, Live Event Editor, Photo Editor, 2012 - 2015, zulily, inc., Seattle, WA
- Promoted from Product to become the first Editorial Editor within first year of employment.
- Occupied a unique role correcting live errors on the site, finding and implementing the fastest resolutions to minimize customer-facing impact.
- High-volume retouching of both editorial and product imagery, on- and off-model.
- Designing and executing realistic digital composites.
- Collaborating with Studio and Merchandising departments to maintain brand standards.
- Managing heavy workloads while meeting deadlines for delivery.
Freelance Photographer, 2011, Windermere Real Estate, Bellevue, WA
- Lighting and photographing real estate spaces attractively.
- Choosing and providing appropriate cameras and lenses.
- Lighting equipment selection, transport, and setup.
- Digital post-production including all correction, editing, and formatting for web.